-
December 29th, 2005, 11:11 PM
#1
Inactive Member
My mom and I decided to stop by the Goodwill today, so I could peek and see if they had any AG stuff. Well, after digging through a TON of baby dolls, I didn't have much luck.
However, while my mom and I were going through the furniture section, I saw a girl my age taking things out of her cart and putting them on the various pieces of furniture. Among the things she put out? Two little wooden dutch shoes that would be PERFECT for Kirsten (right size and everything). She had turned around and was doing something else, so I started to pick them up saying, "Oh, you don't want these?"
"Yes I do!" She snatched them back. Uh, ok. I smiled and moved on. Well, I was pretty sure the girl didn't ACTUALLY want them (and was just being defensive of something she was indecisive about) and so my mom and I hung out nearby to see what she would do. Well!
So, the girl's cart was PACKED with stuff. At first glance, it looked like she was setting up for an apartment. Then, on closer inspection, everything in her cart was stuff that would have high resell on ebay--Bakelite kitchen utensils, a Bert And Earnie cake pan, Atari games and that sort of thing. So what did this girl do when she thought no one was watching? She took everything out of her cart, including a bunch of little junk items. Then she switched the price tags of the collectable items with the junk items, and put the junk items back! She took the tag off of the little shoes altogether!
Further more, a man who worked there was sitting there watching as she did it, like he was keeping an eye out.
Is that strange or what? Since she definitely came in after us, and I know I didn't see her shopping at all, and I KNOW I didn't see any of the stuff that was in her cart on the racks (I specifically went looking for Atari games for my brothers, and I recognize Bakelite when I see it) I think the worker had been holding stuff aside for the girl, knowing she would sell it on Ebay!
UGH. The thing is, I don't mind if people sell stuff on Ebay that they find in TS. It's part of the thrill of the hunt, right? And a lot of people make a living at it. It's just that 1) she was going to get rid of those shoes until I said I wanted them 2) The idea that this guy was holding stuff back for her kind of stinks, because it means other people didn't have a fair chance at it, 3) She was stealing from a charity because she was switching price tags. Grrr, the nerve of people really gets to me sometimes.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks